One of my favorite activities in the last week of the year is to fill out my 10 question annual review form. I’ve shared my questions below.
If you decide to use these questions (or make your own), I hope you’ll consider keeping a record. I’ve been doing this since 2010 and it’s a real treat to look back at some of my predictions for myself versus how they actually turned out and to look at my top learnings from the past few years.
10 Questions – Annual Review
Part I – Look back
1. One word/line descriptions:
The Theme or peak moment
a) 2017 was the year of
b) 2018 will be the year of
Runners Up Theme or peak moment
a) 2017 was also the year of
b) 2018 will also be the year of
2. What were my 3 greatest successes/memories from 2017?
3. What were my 3 biggest learnings from 2017?
4. How did 2017 fit in to the big picture/contribute to the big dreams in my life? (i.e. did any dots connect?)
Part II – Look forward
5. What are the themes I am thinking about for 2018? Are there any “process goals” I want to commit to?
6. What skills I want to develop in 20178(professional and personal)? What action am I going to take to develop them?
7. Who/what were my biggest sources of inspiration this year? Are they high on my priority list to engage with (if they are people) or to do (if they were actions) for 2018?
8. If I am the CEO of “Me Inc”, who were my board of directors/advisors/sponsors this year? How do I plan to engage with them in 2018?
9. What are other thoughts for 2018? (miscellaneous – dreams, thoughts, planned breaks I am looking forward to, etc.)
10. What are my 3 most important core beliefs or principles? And, are my goals aligned with these core beliefs?