(Translates to: Today is the day – my day to do what i want)
This is in reference to the best day ever invented for all those on full time jobs – Friday.
This is a song by up and coming band Goldspot – has an English version and a less popular (but in my humble view better) Hindi version. This song has made my past week in anticipation of Friday and the weekend and now that we’re almost all set to start a new week – here’s to waiting for the next awesome weekend! :)
Friday – English
Friday – Hindi
Until next friday! :)
Don’t make promises when you are in joy..
Don’t reply when you are sad..
Don’t take a decision when you are angry..
Think twice! Act wise..
When we wake up on the morning, we have 2 simple choices. Go back to sleep and dream or wake up and chase those dreams!
Wow! Loved them!
I was reflecting on a list of my favorite sports management movies. The list toppers are ‘Remember the Titan’ and ‘Miracle’ and then I would have the hindi movie that combined these 2 are remade it in an Indian hockey women’s team situation ‘Chak De India’.
Nevertheless, the common factor in these movies and many more that involve under dog teams doing the impossible has been a seemingly dictatorial coach who drove the teams crazy with intense practice sessions and many annoying rules. 3 things happened in the process –
1) The whole team unified against the coach forgetting petty differences.
2) The moment they played a few games and saw the real value of a coach as good as the ones they had, they began to believe..
3) Most importantly, the team became incredibly well conditioned. They may not have been the most talented teams but they were certainly the fittest.
It’s all about conditioning I’ve realized and the big question to ask myself is
‘Am I conditioned enough to become the Associate that adds the highest value in the industry? I.e. Do I have the necessary physical fitness, mental strength and intensity to consistently sustain great performance?’
That’s a thinker!
There were 2 things that crossed my mind today –
1) Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought.
2) Only you can take care of yourself..
PS: 2 may sound simple but think about the number of times we may have let go of our personal second thoughts/sacrificed hunger/peace of mind etc and it’s probably easier to see what I’m talking about.
Here’s a new habit that has greatly improved my mornings. As soon as I get to the office, I take out the notebook I have on my desk and jot down the following –
1) Learnings from yesterday: This is for reflection, of course – primarily work focused..
2) Impact goals: These are goals that I hope to achieve during the day. ‘Impact‘ is an a-connect value that resonates very very well with me. So, the goal of every goal is to make a dent or atleast aspire to do it better than ever before!
3) Die by midnight: If today was my last day on earth, what would I do?
This is both inspirational as well as a humor factor for eg: If I have football on the agenda, then atleast I die fit.. ;)
4) Blessings: I try to jot down 5 on a ‘statue‘ day, but on most days I find around 8-10 blessings I am really grateful for. :)
5) Dreams: I realized that work can get you into an immersive daily cycle and this sometimes could result in a loss of the big picture – who I am, what my big dreams are. So, it is a note to myself every day as to what the big picture is..
This typically takes 1 page in a small-size notebook and greatly helps get me going at the start of the day. Maybe it could help you too.. :)
By now, I’ve become a fan of both! I used to be a night fan till recently. Thanks to many books and full time work, I’ve had to shift to being a morning person and while I’m generally up only around 7 or 730, I still see the benefits.
Morning, to me, is the time when ideas become actions! It is the time for execution. For eg: I wrote out 10 blog posts on my palm on monday morning, I’m writing this down on the bus as well.
Simply put, I would wake up in the morning on most days as it is more productive!
Night: Night works very well for me for many a creative task. Examples are visualizing a presentation or meeting, For example: I remember I that most of our best ideas for Sparkz(a talent show I helped organize) came in the middle of the night and I also clearly played out the night during which the whole show played out in my head.
This sort of explains why entrepreneurs work late in the early days as its vital for creativity. I find it useful for simple allotment of tasks. If there is something creative I need to do, I generally put it for the evening and anything that needs action happens 1st thing in the morning!
Still discovering the benefits of this! :)