My name is Rohan. I have been writing daily notes since May 12 2008 – doing so has changed my life in more ways than I can imagine.
My personal mission statement captures nearly everything important to know about me.
My personal mission statement is the same as my “why” or my “purpose”
Build active relationships with framily (close friends and family), learn, and strive to have a positive impact on my world and, in time, “the world.”
These also form my 3 core values – People, Learning, Impact.
(These align with my intrinsic motives – learning and impact are high and my values remind me to make sure I remember that people are all we have.)
3 principles that govern my life and that I need to commit and re-commit to:
1. Integrity: Integrity is making and keep commitments. I commit to walking what I talk and talking what I walk.
2. Love/Growth: Love is the will to extend oneself for one’s own or another’s spiritual/mental growth. So, I commit to doing small things with extraordinary love and to continuous growth.
3. Consciousness/Engagement: To focus on consciousness is to commit to the process of life, to experimentation and to the idea that “this might not work.. And that’s okay.” The important questions I need to ask are not about perfection or performance. Instead, they are – “Am I engaged? Am I being conscious about my decisions?”
I live and measure these in my 4 roles (in order of priority):
1. Leader of self
2. A caring member of my framily
3. A learning focused teammate
4. A responsible community contributor, i.e., the world
I currently work as a Product Manager at LinkedIn. Prior to this, I graduated with an MBA from Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management, worked as a consultant helping clients implement strategy across 14 countries at A-Connect – a boutique consulting firm, and earned an undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering from the National University of Singapore.
My wife and I became parents in Nov 2016. And, our parenting philosophy is an attempt at living Khalil Gibran’s masterpiece – “On Children.”
For my 21st birthday, I received a card from close friends that said ‘Never older, only better.’ That encapsulates what this blog is about. Every day we get better.
Thanks for reading this far.